Here is my April 2017 weblog revenue report for Easy Baby Life. It’s been a troublesome month in some methods. I admit that and share it with you. Blogging isn’t all the time going good, proper?
I’m a really impatient woman. Now that I’ve began with Elite Blog Academy, my visitors and revenue ought to simply explode, proper? Wrong. I assume I’m constructing my enterprise basis proper now – one other phrase for engaged on necessary stuff, however the outcomes are usually not displaying (but) 🙂
As you might know, I began writing these reviews in January 2016 as a means to assist myself give attention to turning my 10-year-old (!) weblog right into a enterprise. I had and have a lot of visitors however earnings at the moment have been pathetic. You can check out my very first blog income report here.
Now, let’s see how I did with Easy Baby Life throughout April 2017!
Blog Income April 2017
- Amazon – $398. Last month was $335, so a small improve. Not too dangerous, contemplating that my visitors tanked a bit. More on that additional down the article.
- Other affiliate revenue sources – $111 – More than the $69 I made final month, good!
- Mediavine Ad Network – $three,801 – Last month was $four,478 April was robust! Apart from January, April is definitely the worst month of all for show promoting, so I assume this was anticipated. I nonetheless discover it miserable, although!
Grand complete – $four,310 That’s decrease than the $four,882 final month, and 2.5 time higher than in April 2016.
Blog Expenses March 2017
- Boardbooster – $10. I really like Boardbooster for pinning to Pinterest and bumped up my allowed pins per 30 days, so now I pay $10 per 30 days as an alternative of $5. If you haven’t given it a shot but, please do! It is FREE to check out.
- Aweber (e mail service) – $29.99 (I’ll quickly cancel this, study extra under!)
- Sucuri for website protection – $16.66 per thirty days (I paid for a full yr instantly throughout spring, $199, however rely value for 1 month every month of the yr. SO. VERY. WORTH. IT.) My website hasn’t been hacked as soon as since I began with Sucuri. (And I do know that IF it will be hacked, they may assist me clear it utterly with none additional prices in any respect.
- Cost for my host A2, where I now splurge on a Managed VPS account – $55 (per 30 days with all bells and whistles, 2-year contract)
- Printables design – $400 I’m lastly doing one thing to please my fantastic e mail subscribers! I’ve had assist with creating lovely printables of various sorts that folks get when subscribing to my e-mail record.
- A plugin for opt-in varieties – $60
- I lastly upgraded to the paid model of Tailwind. – $104 for a full yr with limitless pins. I’ve used the free model for therefore lengthy, however I’ve completely NO pins left on my free model and some superior tribes I need to proceed with. If you need to check out Tailwind, you will get a FREE month if you sign up through my link here.
Total prices – $676 Super excessive prices because of the printables design and Tailwind.
Net Income in April 2017 – $three,634
Now, let’s take a look at visitors numbers and lastly RPM for the month.
Blog Traffic April 2017
Here are some screenshots from Google Analytics to point out my visitors for April 2017.
Page views have been down in comparison with March, from 636,900 to 524,499. That’s an 18% lower. NOT humorous! I used to be so completely satisfied final month that my web page views have been over 600,000 for the primary time ever. A brief celebration!
So what occurred?
– Google was down some 60,000 web page views
– Pinterest was down 27,000 web page views (that’s an enormous share!)
– Direct visitors down
– Bing down
The solely mild was that Facebook visitors skyrocketed from 600 web page views to 3600 web page views! A 6 occasions improve… That’s the kind of progress I would like for all my visitors sources, haha!
You can see my visitors sources right here under.
So why did my visitors lower?
A variety of bloggers skilled the identical factor throughout April. We had Easter and spring break. As far I’ve discovered, Pinterest visitors is usually low in April. (Are individuals out and completely satisfied as a result of sping is right here, or what??)
It can also be very attainable that Google carried out some replace that made my rankings go down a bit. Google goes up and down in durations. I often don’t fear an excessive amount of until the change is very large.
Now placing all this collectively and calculating RPM (income per 1000 web page views)…
Grand RPM is $eight.2
This is definitely a bit higher than final month ($7.7) and massively higher than a yr in the past. SO perhaps I shouldn’t sob an excessive amount of.
Taking my e-mail record significantly
In addition to the whole lot else I’m at present engaged on, I’m lastly doing one thing about my e mail record. I used to have an lively listing, however then I began specializing in different issues. BAD mistake is what I’m advised.
And I get it. With search engine visitors and social media visitors that may simply disappear in a single day, emails are tremendous necessary.
I’ve used Aweber for my emails for therefore a few years, and we’re simply not buddies. I don’t need to offend anybody and I do know lots of people are profitable with Aweber, nevertheless it simply doesn’t work for me. I’ve by no means been in a position to determine their templates and so my emails look horrible.
After lots of researching – and each blogger and her uncle advocate ConvertKit – I ended up with… Mailerlite!
They have nice options, nice worth (1000 first subscribers are FREE), and are so user-friendly. I’ve solely simply began and e mail subscribers are exploding. I haven’t even began to mess around for actual with nice freebies and I’m already greater than midway to these 500 subscribers. It is such a terrific feeling to FINALLY get going with connecting via e-mail!
I’ve even created a particular listing just for my blogger associates who need to hold up to date with my revenue studies and different issues I write about running a blog. And right here is my fab signup button, that I made with Mailerlite:
Please be a part of me! 🙂
P.S. I’d love to listen to any ideas you could have on my April 2017 weblog revenue report. Please share by leaving a remark under! 🙂
And do enroll under to comply with my running a blog journey! I’d like to share it with you! (This is one other type I created: 😀 )