Sharing my assessment (to date!) of the Integrative Health Practitioner certification and my ideas on this system. I’m so thrilled to be partnering with Dr. Stephen Cabral on just a few podcast episodes, and he additionally generously gifted entry to my stage 1 and stage 2 certification packages. In this publish, I’ll be sharing an replace on the course and my ideas on stage one now that I’ve completed. If you’d like to affix me as a examine buddy, head here and use the code FITNESSISTA for $100 off Level 1 and $250 off ranges 1 and a couple of.
Helloooooo. Happy Monday. I hope you had a stunning weekend. We’re right here having fun with our final moments with Caro earlier than we’ve got to say our goodbyes later right now 🙁
For right now’s publish, I wished to share an up to date assessment of my expertise with the Integrative Health Practitioner course and the way I plan to make use of this certification. I just lately completed stage one and have began stage two. I’ve cherished diving into these modules and know that will probably be a completely new layer to my teaching.
There have been instances once I’ve labored with a diet shopper on-line and wished I might counsel particular labs (it’s NOT within the scope of apply for a diet coach or private coach to do that. All you are able to do is refer out to an RD or physician). I’ve added different members to my teaching group who’re capable of run these assessments. But as my on-line apply continues to develop, I’ve wished to have the ability to discover ways to do all of this myself.
Integrative Health Practitioner Certification
What is the IHP certification?
The Integrative Health Practitioner certification was created by Dr. Stephen Cabral. If you’re not conversant in his work, Dr. Stephen Cabral is a Board Certified Doctor of Naturopathy and founding father of the EquiLife & the Integrative Health Practitioner Institute, and Author of the International Best-Selling Book, The Rain Barrel Effect. After virtually 20 years and over 600,000 pages of analysis examine accomplished, dozens of certifications within the pure well being area, over 1 / 4 of one million non-public shopper periods, and a doctoral diploma in Naturopathy – Dr. Cabral‘s information, expertise, and keenness are on the prime of his area.
I’ve been following him on Instagram for a few years and recently had him as a guest on the podcast. I’d checked out this certification a handful of instances and knew I wished to do it will definitely — this partnership was an indication that it was meant to occur proper now. 🙂
I’ve had an enormous profit from working with naturopathic medical doctors and practical drugs practitioners all through the years. Particularly, once I was advised, “Nothing is wrong” or that I’d, “Just have to live with it” by varied physicians. (This just isn’t the case with everybody! Also price mentioning right here that my Nurse Practitioner right here in Tucson, who’s my Primary Care, is AMAZING.) But there have been a handful of instances in my life once I thought issues have been hopeless… and have been advised they have been really hopeless. All I wanted to do was search out one other doctor (typically you simply want a second or third opinion!) or different choices to get the assistance we wanted.
I’ve been soaking in all the classes and am so excited to assist shoppers differently.
IHP relies on 7 integrative disciplines:
– Ayurvedic drugs (the science of life and physique-typing)
– Bioregulatory drugs (the science of self therapeutic and rebalancing)
– Chinese drugs and herbalism (unlocking nature’s therapeutic knowledge)
– Eastern Philosophy (utilizing the thoughts to heal the physique)
– Traditional Naturopathy (the “right living” to reverse sickness)
– Orthomolecular drugs (the science of nutritional vitamins and minerals as “medicine”)
– and Functional drugs (state-of-the-artwork lab testing to find out underlying root causes)
There are two ranges of IHP: Level 1, which teaches you learn how to introduce wholesome habits primarily based on the DESTRESS technique (weight-reduction plan, train, stress, toxin elimination, relaxation, emotional stability, dietary supplements, and success mindset). And Level 2, which focuses on 7 practical drugs labs (together with HTMA, OAT, DUTCH), the power to suggest and analyze these labs, and counsel an motion plan relying on the outcomes.
Each lesson is about half-hour. And Dr. Cabral contains recommended studying materials, complementary podcast episodes. And shares tons of sources and handouts to make use of for shoppers. Since it’s so in-depth, the complete course can take about 6 months, And stage 2 can take 6 months to a 12 months. I’m a few months in, and never even midway by way of the primary stage.
What I like about IHP:
– This is precisely what I need to be studying and know I can use these abilities to assist 1:1 shoppers, with the content material I create right here on the weblog, and likewise with group teaching and programs I develop. I need to assist as many individuals as potential to have comfortable, balanced hormones, optimum power. And assist them break by way of the *noise* to create constant and sustainable wholesome habits. This is one other step in my schooling course of and I’ve loving it to date.
– Dr. Cabral. If you observe him on Instagram or take heed to his podcast, you already know that he’s extremely educated. But can also inform that he’s a genuinely *good individual* who actually desires to assist others on their path to therapeutic. I get pleasure from watching every lesson video and be taught one thing beneficial from each.single.one. He actually did an unbelievable job with the content material and supply of the course.
– Extra help. They provide a non-public Facebook group for IHP candidates and authorized practitioners, reside calls, and can even refer shoppers to IHP Level 2 graduates. I additionally admire all the handouts and sources we will use and share with shoppers after we’re completed with the certification course of.
– It’s exhausting for me to check on the go, and really feel like I have to be at my pc taking notes. Dr. Cabral dives right into a LOT of data, and has been much more prevalent in Level 2. Time is the one factor standing in the best way because the classes are round half-hour every and I have to be at dwelling to finish them. My solely frustration is that I can’t blast by way of the knowledge as rapidly as I would really like, however on the similar time, it’s enabling me to actually take up all the classes.
I believe that’s the one con!
If any of my fellow well being skilled associates are searching for one other means to assist their shoppers, I extremely suggest IHP. You may also use this data to heal your self after which go one to heal others, which I believe is a phenomenal mission.
You can use my referral link here and the code FITNESSISTA for $100 or $250 off (relying on whether or not you’re doing Level 1 solely or each ranges for a better low cost).
So, inform me associates: what’s a wholesome behavior you do daily that makes you’re feeling wonderful?
If you may change careers or add one other certification to your resume, which one would you select?