Think Mountain Pose is just plain old standing still? Have we got news for you!
Mountain Pose is a fundamental asana and one of the 12 traditional power poses in Sun Salutation A, which you find in both ashtanga and hatha yoga. Standing tall and embodying magnificence in Mountain Pose helps you activates the body and mind, while tapping your inner fire in order to expel dreariness and depression.
When you stand at attention and stillness in Mountain Pose, you are grounding yourself into your body, connecting with your breath, and engaging with all that is Infinite within you. Now what could be cooler than that? ✨🗻✨
👉To learn more beginner’s yoga poses, sign up to our free yoga pose library.😍 Get step by step tutorials and guidance on how to practice some of the most essential yoga asanas: https://www.doyou.com/programs/beginner-level-poses-i/
Engage the limitless power of your body, mind, and soul in Mountain Pose!
*** WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ***
👉 Pose name: Mountain Pose
👉 Sanskrit name: Tadasana
👏 BENEFITS OF MOUNTAIN POSE:
1. Strengthens the thighs, knees and ankles
2. Tones the abdomen and glutes
3. Can help Improve posture and relieve sciatica
4. Can aid in kinesthetic awareness and proprioception
5. Great for calming your mind and training your focus
✅ MOUNTAIN POSE STEP-BY STEP:
1. Stand with your big toes touching, heels slightly apart. Lift and spread your toes wide, rooting down through all four corners of your feet
2. Engage your thighs, lifting your kneecaps slightly (without hyperextending your knees). Draw the energy in toward the midline of your body. Draw your ribs in and tailbone down toward the floor. Pelvis is neutral.
3. Lift your sternum and broaden your collarbones. At the same time, move your shoulders away from your ears, pressing your shoulderblades into your back.
4. With your qrms relaxed by your sides and palms facing forward, bring your chin parallel to the floor, your face and jaw soft.
5. Grow tall from the soles of your feet. Imagine a string pulling you up from your sacrum, all the way up and out through the crown of your head. Stay here for 10 breaths.
🧘♀️Subscribe for yoga, meditation and videos to help you become your best you: https://bit.ly/doyouyoga
Learn more about Mountain Pose on DOYOU.com: https://www.doyou.com/mountain-pose/
📱GET THE DOYOU APP:
👉 On iOS: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/doyou-yoga-mindful-fitness/id1205604277
👉 On Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=co.skyengine.flow
JOIN THE DOYOU COMMUNITY:
Tweets by DOYOUYOGA
😍 Like this video? Please hit the thumbs up button👍 and leave us a comment below. ⏬
We really appreciate your support. 💕
#MountainPose #YogaTutorials #YogaPose #BeginnersYoga