Get the most out of swimming in the pool, turning them into a good sports session to lose weight and burn calories in summer.
These are the best exercises to lose weight in the pool
The bike in the water
The bicycle exercise in general is ideal, wherever you do it, so pay attention to how to do it in the water:
- Stand with your back leaning against the pool wall and elbows on the curb.
- Stretch your legs until you create a 90º angle with your body.
- In this position, you must do the pedaling movement taking the legs out and back into the water.
- During the exercise keep the abdomen strong and contracted to work the abdominal area. Do it for two minutes to lose weight, and rest for another two minutes before going back to another set.
sprint without moving
Another of the best exercises in the pool to lose fat is to sprint without moving. To do this, place yourself in an area of the pool where the water reaches above your waist and follow these steps:
- Stand up with your legs slightly apart..
- Raise your legs imitating the movement of running at full speedas if you were doing a sprint, but without actually moving.
- Try to raise your knees as close to your chest as possible.
- Hold the sprint for 30 or 40 seconds and rest. Try to make the movements at maximum speed and raise your legs well to work your body better.
This typical abdominal exercise helps to work the abdomen lower and can be done in the pool in an area where your feet do not touch the ground.
- stand with your back to the wall from the pool with your elbows resting on the curb.
- Raise your legs to create a 90º angle With your body.
- Start moving your feet horizontally like the movement of a pair of scissors.
- Perform 15 repetitions, rest and repeat again.
- You can do three or four sets of 15 repetitions where your feet don’t touch the ground, so you won’t be tempted to rest.
raise and lower legs
Another of the exercises in the pool for abs that will help you lose fat is the following:
- lean your back against the wall and place your elbows on the curb in an area of the pool where your feet do not touch the ground.
- Begin the exercise by raising both legs at the same time, completely straight, and creating a 90º angle.
- Once you reach waist height, lower your legs back down and stretch them against the wall before bringing them back up.
- You can do three sets of 15 repetitions.