What is microtraining and why it can help you lose weight in a short time
One of the most recurring excuses that we give ourselves for not doing sports is the lack of time. Work, family and day-to-day responsibilities make us relegate this activity to the last of our
prioritiesbut even having little time you can exercise your body and take advantage of all its
benefits (such as with
In response to these busy lifestyles, a new fitness trend has emerged in recent months, the
microtraining or routine
Burst Training, a training modality that is made up of exercises of
High intensityand that it has multiple benefits for your health (and for the state of your body).
The experts of
Metropolitan Club ensure that among its benefits are the improvement of the system
cardiovascular and improvement of
metabolism basal, the strengthening of the
muscle mass, and an improvement in physical form, reducing the mass
fatin a short time.
In a single microtraining session you can burn
between 250 and 450 calories, taking into account that it will always depend on each person and the intensity. Furthermore, during the period of
recoveryyour energy expenditure will also be high, so if your goal is to lose weight, the
microtraining They can become your great fitness ally.
Metropolitan Club recommend that a microtraining session have a minimum of
15 minutes and a maximum of
30and must combine exercises of
cardiovascular to encourage full body activity. These experts have developed a circuit of
microtraining that you can incorporate into your day to day to meet your fitness goals even when it seems like we are hours away. Aim:
Photo by Julia Rekamie on Unsplash
ROUTINE 1: The first HIIT routine will take you only 5 minutes and consists of only three exercises
– 5 Little Burpees: Starting in a standing position, squat down to put both hands on the ground and jump into a high plank position. Jump back up to put your feet next to your hands and stand up again.
– 10 Jump Lounges: lunges doing a jump in the leg jump.
– 20 Jumping Jacks: stand with your legs together and your arms on either side of your body. Jump by spreading your legs and stretching your arms overhead before returning to the starting position.
perform up to
10 sets of this first routine (always depending on your physical capacity and without exceeding the
5 minutes) to exercise cardiovascular training and activate both lower and upper body and core.
ROUTINE 2: After a few minutes of recovery, you can continue with this routine that consists of:
– 5 Quick Seat: from a standing position, squat down until the hands rest on the floor, from that position extend the legs at the same time in a single movement to sit on the floor and immediately perform the entire movement in reverse until ending in the position initial.
– 10 Jump Squats: Perform a classic squat, but as you rise up, jump with your feet hip-width apart and perform the exercise again.
– 20 Scissor Jacks: From an initial position with legs together and somewhat bent, simultaneously bring one leg forward and the other behind, emulating the movement of running, but barely taking your feet off the ground and without moving. He accompanies with the natural movement of the arms.
There are 3 simple exercises
high intensityd that you can perform in series during
5 minutes to continue your HIIT training.
Microtraining, the option for those who have little time to exercise. /
ROUTINE 3: After resting for a couple of minutes, you can now put into practice the third HIIT routine that will last 5 more minutes and consists of three other exercises:
– 10 Reverse Burpees: Sitting on the floor, with your legs extended, place your hands at waist level and lift your buttocks off the ground, keeping your chest up and shoulders back. She picks up her legs with her knees in line and jumps vertically before returning to the original position.
– 10 Sumo Scissors: get into a squat position but with your legs a little more open than in the classic version. Lower yourself until your thighs are parallel to the ground, and as you come up, bring one leg forward and one leg back, then reverse.
– 20 Seal Jacks: It is the same as the traditional jumping jack but starting with the arms stretched out in front of the chest and taking them to the sides of the body parallel to the ground (putting the arms in a cross).
These three routines will activate all areas of your body with short exercises but
intense. The most important thing in training is to keep the
intensity of the exercises throughout the routine to get the most out of it, all in an estimated period of
Photo by Joshua Rawson-Harris on Unsplash
In addition, after the training routine, our body maintains a certain
activity level. And it is that this type of exercises increases our
energy consumption not only while we practice it, but that greater energy demand is maintained
after, for several hours. This activity affects our
metabolismkeeping you revved up for more hours throughout the day.
can you really not take out
20 minutes a day to do sports? At first it may feel like a
obligationbut when you see how your body is transforming and that you feel much better after doing it, every day
you will want more. And it is that sport makes you segregate
endorphins, known as the happiness hormones. Sign up for
microtraining and then we’ll see if you can gradually increase the time dedicated to physical exercise. You’ll feel so much better, promise.