Edward BerthelotGetty Images
The diet to sleep well
The guide to overcome anxiety step by step
EVOO, the best remedy to combat stress
Do you suffer from anxiety regularly? Due to the pace of life we lead, it is easy to suffer from anxiety at some point. And this stress situation may be the cause of uncontrollable weight gain, which can lead us to suffer even more anxiety. “It is increasingly normalized to live in a continuous state of stress. Due we subject our body to a level of cortisol secretion (the danger state hormone) excessively elevated and chronically. This causes us to accumulate more fat and a feeling of constant inflammation. You don’t sleep well and you feel bloated, for no apparent explanation,” says nutritionist Salena Sainz, founder and director of the clinic. Nature Nutrition.
If you did not know it, Your diet can help you a lot to manage anxiety and stress. As Salena Sainz explains, “there are certain vitamins and minerals that have the ability to improve our mood and enhance our best physical version thanks to their antioxidant effect; and precursor nutrients for serotonin, ‘the happiness hormone’. The Mediterranean diet may be the best against stress and anxiety.
10 foods that help you manage your emotions
The founder of Naturae Nutrición shares a list of 10 foods that, in addition to calming anxiety and improving our mood They have many other benefits, also on your microbiota and your weight:
- blueberries. They are powerful antioxidants and rich in vitamin C. “Thanks to its main component, anthocyanin, a natural pigment, it is serotonin and dopamine precursorin addition to improving the neuronal activity of the brain ”, explains the nutritionist.
- citrus, strawberry, kiwi or tangerine. They are high in vitamin C, a vitamin that helps reduce stress and anxiety thanks to its ability to regulate cortisol production. Here are other beneficial fruits to deflate.
Cocoa with a purity of 85-100%. Low magnesium levels are correlated with depressive states, pure cocoa is treated important source of magnesium that can help us increase the feeling of well-being
. We must choose chocolates with a high percentage of cocoa and without sugars.
- Fermented like yogurt, kefir, pickles, miso. All of them are probiotics, fundamental for the maintenance of the gut microbiota. The expert adds that “cheese and yogurt are high in tryptophan, which helps melanin secretion, which helps regulate the daily sleep cycle.” Here is a guide on fermented foods.
Green leafy vegetables. As Sainz indicates: “both chard and spinach They stand out for their richness in magnesium. Just one cup of spinach has 157 mg of magnesium, 40% of the recommended daily intake. They are an unconditional ally, since magnesium helps fight fatigue and tiredness. Here are the best green leafy vegetables to lose weight.
in addition to strengthening the immune system.
- matcha tea It stands out for its high content of L-theanine and low caffeine content. “Studies argue that L-theanine may increase dopamine release and promote the concentration of serotonin, which reduces stress and anxiety. Additionally, additional research shows that it stimulates alpha wave activity in the brain 30 to 40 minutes after being ingested, promoting a state of deep relaxation” argues the founder of Naturae Nutrition. Here are recipes with matcha tea.
- Artichoke. It acts as a probiotic and is very rich in fiber. Also Helps reduce blood glucose and controls cholesterol levels blood, protecting at the same time, against constipation. “It stands out for its high content of phosphorus, iron, magnesium, calcium and potassium. Among its vitamins, vitamin B1, niacin and vitamin C stand out, with strong antioxidant action”.
- Egg. It has a high content of tyrosine and tryptophan, serotonin precursor, happiness hormone. “Its choline content is high, choline intake is inversely related to the risk of suffering from depression. Furthermore, it is rich in vitamin B1 and magnesium”.
- Blue fish and mollusks. The former are rich in omega 3 and the molluscs in taurine. Both contain vitamin B5 which helps the synthesis of anti-stress hormones and combat fatigue and tiredness.
- Broccoli. It is a very rich source of vitamins A, C, E and antioxidants that act as secondary defenses. Its folic acid content helps reduce feelings of fatigue, depression and insomnia” clarifies the expert. Here are broccoli recipes.