Importance of a routine skin care in a new born baby
As every baby’s skin is different, there are some general tips to keep in mind when caring for your baby’s skin.
1. Cleanse your baby’s face and body with water every day.
2. Use a gentle cleanser on their skin two or three times per week to help remove any impurities.
3.Patdry after cleansing. Avoid rubbing with the towel to reduce friction and minimize the risk of skin peeling.
4. Moisturize baby’s skin post-bath. If your baby’s skin is dry, this is the perfect time to add a moisturizer that has a pH level of 5.5. This will keep the skin healthy and hydrated.
5. Use fragrance-free products on your baby’s face and body.
6. Wash your baby’s hair about once per week with a gentle shampoo or cleansing product. For example, you can use Sebamed’s Baby Shampoo.
It is also important to remember that babies tends to have sensitive skin. They need special attention when it comes for their baths. To prevent skin dryness, the baby’s bath temperature should be 98.6–100.4°F (37–38°C). Always check the water temperature with your hand before bathing your baby. Parents should make sure that the water is not too hot and uses a body wash like Sebamed’sBaby Gentle Washthat has a pH level of 5.5. It will help in nourishing your baby’s skin as well as cleanse without drying out or irritating the skin.
For choosing a lotion as per your baby’s skin type: Although the skin type of most new-borns would remain gentle, soft and delicate, your paediatrics may analyze and tell if your baby has a sensitive skin type or oily. Choose a lotion accordingly.
Paraben-Free: We often hear this term when it comes to cosmetic and makeup products. Make sure you choose a moisturizer for your baby that is free of paraben.
Synthetics and chemical-free: Another point to take into consideration before hopping for an option is to see that the lotion is free from harsh chemicals.
Always, remember your baby’s skin deserves best care & it’s important to adopt a proper skincare ritual for a baby is essential for their nourishment and overall wellness.
This article is written by Dr. Vivasvan Parekh,M.D. Pediatrics in associationwith Sebamed
To know more about your favourite celebrities, upcoming movies and lifestyle news, CLICK HERE to download theMirchi Plus Appnow!