Kick boxing as such is the combination of two previously existing disciplines: Japanese karate and Western boxing. It is a contact sport that alternates boxing punches and martial arts kicks.
Its origin dates back to the seventies, when the boxer Osamu Noguchi and the teacher Naront Siri met on a trip. Seeing the possibilities of fusion and its possible benefits, they start a series of battles that leads to the creation of a school specializing in said technique. With the passage of time, the techniques were perfected and originating what we know today as kick boxing.
Know the benefits of practicing this sport on the beach
- You can burn a lot of calories: kick boxing classes typically last 60 minutes, enough time to complete a session. By combining strength and cardio exercises, you can burn up to 800 calories.
- Tones all the muscles of the body: Thanks to the combination of upper trunk and lower trunk exercises, you can tone your legs, arms and abdomen, among others. This has an impact on a better posture, and on greater strength and stability of our body.
- Improves mood and reduces stress: It is a sport that allows you to release the tensions and worries of everyday life. Perfect to let off steam and release adrenaline. It is well known that releasing adrenaline is therapeutic and beneficial for our mental health.
- Improves the functioning of the cardiovascular and respiratory systems: Like other sports, one of its main benefits is the development of lung capacity and the maintenance of a healthy cardiovascular system.
- Improves coordination of the body and its movements: By constantly combining different movements and alternating legs and arms, it forces you to be attentive and not miss a beat. Plus, it’s fun and you burn calories practically without realizing it.
Tips to get started in kick boxing
When it comes to getting started in the world of kick boxing, you should know that it is an accessible sport for anyone looking to tone the body and burn calories. It is very important to get a good diet. We can follow a diet according to energy expenditure to achieve results in a short time.
Among the exercises that you are going to practice in a kick boxing session, you can find sit-ups, push-ups, kicks, squats or even burpees.
Performing a warm-up and a series of stretches is important both before and after training, cWith the aim of improving flexibility and maximizing each movement.
As in boxing, in kick boxing the use of gloves is common, especially if exercises are carried out with the bag. The bag can be alternated between a light and a heavier bag, perfect for improving fitness and power and speed. You can also use resources such as paos or thais pads, which are the pads that one person holds while another hits with short movements from right to left and with gloves.