Each new appearance of margot robbie It confirms what we knew for months when it was revealed that she would be in charge of starring in the Live Action of the Mattel doll: there was no better actress than her to play the role!
And it is that from outfits totally inspired by the first Barbies, going through beauty looks as outlined disk and barbiecore nailseach new image that is published of the Australian actress is a tribute to the most famous doll of all time.
But surely at some point you have wondered, how did he manage to tone and shape his figure for this performance? It wasn’t easy. Actually, it was a mixture between a diet and a very particular exercise routine. Here we tell you in detail!
Margot Robbie’s workout to look like Barbie
In various interviews that the actress has had on the occasion of the Barbie movie, she has revealed that to get in shape, she started mainly with strength exercisesfocusing a lot on the abdomen. This was also combined with a bit of cardionoting that his priority was the hypertrophy exercise.
What are hypertrophy exercises?
Although to do this workout you will also need what is commonly known as strength exercisesthe difference is that the hypertrophy Look for the growth of muscle fibers. Although one can go hand in hand with the other, this does not happen in all cases.
Regarding the transformation of Margot as Barbie, we see that the actress preferred to condition her body with a workout of strength, and later mold and increase muscle mass to show off some impact legs with the hypertrophy.
What are the best strength exercises?
- Get into a plank position as if you were starting a push-up exercise.
- Separate your feet hip-width apart and rest your toes on the floor.
- Align your hips with your shoulders.
- Now, with your arms extended, leave your hands just below your shoulders. If you find it too difficult, place your forearms on the floor with your elbows aligned. This variation is called a forearm plank.
- Align your head with your back. Keep your neck straight facing the ground. Don’t let your head or shoulders drop.
- Keep the hip retroverted. That is, do not take out buttocks, you must feel your abdominal area, not your lower back.
- Squeeze the abdomen and buttocks hard. Breathe easy.
- Hold the position for 15 seconds. As you gain skill, increase the time.
- Perform 5 repetitions of 10 seconds.
- Keep your body weight concentrated on your hands.
- Lower until your chest touches the floor or until you feel the pectoral stretch like a lizard.
- The elbows should be more or less attached to the body depending on the area to be affected.
- Forearms should be vertical.
- Neck in neutral position.
What are the best hypertrophy exercises?
- Stand upright with your legs shoulder-width apart.
- Bend your knees, keeping your back completely straight, as if you were trying to sit up.
- Begin to descend using your hips, trying to keep your thighs parallel to the ground.
- Keep your back straight and look forward at all times. The head has to be completely in line with the back.
- To ascend, raise your shoulders and hips at the same time, keeping your back straight.
- Once you have reached the starting position, repeat the movement of dead weight.
- Separate your feet shoulder-width apart and hold the bar tight.
- Support the bar on the trapezius (upper part of the back), push out the chest and slightly turn the feet out (about 40º).
- Take a deep breath, retract the scapulae and tighten the abdomen. Begin lowering, bending your knees until your thighs are parallel to the ground. Heels must be flat on the floor at all times.
- The quads do a lot of work in the second part of the squat (on the rise), so push up through your heels as you exhale.
Did you imagine that this was the case? Margot Robbie fitness routine? Neither do we! But for all of her preparation and performance on screen, the actress is already the Oscar winner in our hearts.