CrossFit is a sports activity where several disciplines are combined, Weightlifting, Gymnastics and cardio exercises in a structured and progressive way.. That seeks, like all sports activities, to improve the state of health and well-being of its athletes. Athletes who are, in most cases, normal people who want to play sports, de-stress and meet people while doing it.
Why has it become so fashionable?
According to Bartolomé López Pagan, co-owner of CrossFit 03130, in an interview for MARCA: “Well, simply because it is super fun. It is an activity that, although it is done individually, you do it in a class with more people, of different levels and ages, where everyone tries to give the best of each one of them. That , is precisely one of its foundations, improvement, being able to do a little more each day than the previous one”.
5 exercises to train legs and buttocks
Bartolomé López, CrossFit trainer, gives you 5 exercises to strengthen the legs and buttocks:
- Squats with and without weight: air squats, globet squats, back squats, front squats, overhead squats…
- Strides with and without weight: lunges, reverse lunges, jumping lunges, walking lunges…
- Deadlift: Dead lift or Sumo Dead lift.
- Box exercises with or without weight: Box jump, Box jump over, Box step up, Box step up over.
- Olympic bar exercises: Clean, Clean & Jerk, Snatch, Thrusters…
10 Basic Tips for CrossFit Beginners According to Bartholomew
- Follow the instructions and corrections of the Coach.
- Be humble and leave the ego at home.
- Strive and always fight at your level.
- Prioritize technique over weight. One thing leads to another.
- Have a positive attitude when training. We know that life does not make it easy, we know it.
- Results come with time and work, don’t look for shortcuts.
- Failing a thousand times in an exercise is not a problem, it is learning.
- Cheer on your teammates when you’re done.
- Talk and greet your teammates. Meet people.
- But, above all, have fun, enjoy and make the most of each training session with your teammates.