- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. Stevia or uncooked unfiltered honey
- ½ scoop protein powder**
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup egg whites
- 2 complete eggs, pasture-raised
- ¼ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup, grade B
- 4 slices turkey bacon, uncured & nitrate-free
- 5 pitted dates, chopped
- 1 tbsp. grass-fed butter
**We used Athletic Greens grass-fed whey isolate, vanilla
- In a small saute pan on medium-high warmth, prepare dinner bacon till crispy. Removed bacon from pan, crumble into small bits and put aside.
- Add the dry substances—oats, chia, baking powder, Stevia, protein powder and cinnamon—in a blender or meals processor. Pulse till easy. Set apart
- Whisk the eggs, egg whites & milk in a medium mixing bowl. Slowly add the dry substances to the moist substances.
- Take a paper towel to wipe the pan clear, then add 1 tsp. butter to grease. On medium-heat warmth, add ¼ pancake batter. Add ¼ chopped dates and crumbled bacon on prime. When batter begins to bubble, it’s able to flip.
- Repeat with remaining batter. Serve with maple syrup and grass-fed butter. To minimize down on the sugar, combine the maple syrup with equal elements water and 1 tbsp. butter. Heat in microwave for 15 seconds, stir and pour over pancakes. Enjoy instantly.
Nutritional Information & Macros
Dietary Information: Gluten Free
- 387 energy
- 8.75g fats
- 40g carbs
- 37.2g protein
Adam Bornstein is a New York Times bestselling creator and, in keeping with The Huffington Post, “one of the most inspiring sources in all of health and fitness.” An award-winning author and editor, Bornstein was the Fitness and Nutrition editor for Men’s Health, Editorial Director at LIVESTRONG.com, and a columnist for SHAPE, Men’s Fitness, and Muscle & Fitness. He’s additionally a vitamin and health advisor for LeBron James, Cindy Crawford, Lindsey Vonn, and Arnold Schwarzenegger. His work has been featured in dozens of publications, together with The New York Times, Fast Company, ESPN, and GQ, and he’s appeared on Good Morning America, The Today Show, E! News, and The Cheddar.